Saturday, June 11, 2011

Begin at the beginning

For as long as my husband and I have been together, we have named our cars. My first "real" car (e.g. one that was younger and shinier than I was) was christened with the odd name "three bees in a blue bonnet" or "Buzz" for short. Odd because, well, who gives their car a weird moniker that's more like a pioneer woman's annoying afternoon than a name. Odd, because we immediately called him Buzz.

But when we bought this little bit of a car, there were three bees stuck in the reverse light in the back window. And we were constantly arguing over the color - blue or green (remember that hybrid from Ford that was popular in the 90s?). I voted for blue. It was my car. It was a blue bonnet. And that was Buzz. I haven't had Buzz in years, but it seemed like a fun, quirky name for an attempt at a blog. And there are so many fun offshoots I can play with: buzz words. buzz worthy. buzz bites. buzz off. I could go on and on. And I will eventually. But I'm just getting started. Welcome to Three Bees in a Blue Bonnet.

I hope I'll be Buzz Worthy.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for the kindess of your comment. I pray your patience with the word verification. I've had such troubles with spammers lately. Thank you for grace. I look forward to reading all the comments and responding. I appreciate you!