Sunday, November 3, 2013

A Lesson from the Word: Psalm 96


Beautiful fall leaves not too far from my home. As we were driving by, the yellow and red
together caught my eye and I asked my husband to turn around so I could stomp through
the wet grass to capture these gorgeous colors.

The past five days have been a whirlwind of activity. I’ve been preparing the house (with much appreciated help from my family) to host a blogging friend that I’ve met now for the very first time in real life (we’ve been writing in the same circles for about a year). I’ve had a chance to spend time with several of my girlfriends that I haven’t connected with in a while. And I had the chance to attend the Women of Faith: God Can Do Anything event that was here in my city.

So many thoughts are swirling through my head – especially coming right off the 31 Days Writing challenge in October. I made it all the way through – every day.

I’m sure I’ll be processing all of these things over the next few weeks, but one thing that keeps coming back to mind over and over is the praise and worship time from the conference.

I’ll be the first to tell you that it’s not going to be everyone’s cup of tea. It’s contemporary musical worship and it’s loud. It thunders and it shakes the arena/auditorium when it gets going, but also whispers with delicacy of a small chapel in meditative moments.

It was the thunder that got me though, because there’s nothing like the sound of hundreds of voices crying out to God together, hearts united, hands lifted. The song soars holy, holy, hallelujah to the heavens on the beat of the bass drum and I wonder how that will sound when magnified by the voice of creation someday. When the forests, trees, rivers, and oceans sing and shout for the God of creation, how amazing will that sound be?

I'm joining again with Sarah from my online writing group, for her Sacro Speco (Sacred Space) linkup. Other images for inspiration will be there if you'd like to visit.

I'd love to connect with you some more - stop on by the Three Bees Facebook Page or connect with me on Twitter @3BeesBlueBonnet. Let's continue the conversation!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for the kindess of your comment. I pray your patience with the word verification. I've had such troubles with spammers lately. Thank you for grace. I look forward to reading all the comments and responding. I appreciate you!