Sunday, October 6, 2013

A Lesson from the Word: 1 Kings 17:14

On Sundays during the 31 Days project, I’ll be sharing verses with you that were important to me during my desert journey. These bits of wisdom from the Word sustained me and carried me when all else failed. I pray that they will give you similar peace, hope, and reassurance and your own desert times.

This one in particular has a special meaning to both me and my family. We claimed this verse as our promise from God as the desert journey began and printed it out and taped it up all over our home: in the kitchen, in the bathroom, near the computer, on the door of the closet, in the checkbook – everywhere.

Every time we saw a miracle happen: a bill paid when we had no money, food provided when we had none, medicine when we couldn’t afford it … the list goes on. We turned to each other and said something about the barrel of meal or cruse of oil and God’s continued provision in our lives.

I’m not one to be superstitious or to read things into the casual happenstance, but I will tell you that I found it curious that while the taped posts became worn, ragged, and were hanging on by just the barest edge of tape, none of them began to fall off the walls where they were taped until the week after we were out of the desert and back on our feet again.

Just something to think about.

 photo by butkovicdub

I'm also joining a member of my online writing group, Sarah, for her Sacro Speco (Sacred Space) linkup. Other images for inspiration will be there if you'd like to visit.

I'd love to connect with you some more - stop on by the Three Bees Facebook Page or connect with me on Twitter @3BeesBlueBonnet. During the 31 Days Challenge, I'll be using the hashtags #desertjourney and #inspirationalandfaith80 if you'd like to join in or follow along. Let's continue the conversation!

1 comment :

  1. Thank you so much for linking up at Sacro Speco - I'm honored! :) What an incredible testimony from the Lord, and a gorgeous photo of such a beautiful scripture! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kindess of your comment. I pray your patience with the word verification. I've had such troubles with spammers lately. Thank you for grace. I look forward to reading all the comments and responding. I appreciate you!