Sunday, October 27, 2013

A Lesson from the Word: Psalm 27:13-14


I saved this verse for last because it has been an anchor for me for many years. If memory serves, I connected with this verse in my early twenties during a difficult time. It may have been on a plaque in the Bible bookstore I worked at, at may have come up in a Bible study or at church. I honestly can’t remember. But I know that’s it’s been highlighted and underlined in whatever Bible I’ve carried for a long, long time.

It gives me hope because it speaks not just about the comfort and care that we will receive in our heavenly home – that place where I should ultimately be focused – but also here on earth – the place we must live through until we get home.

While I cherish the security of knowing my heavenly home and ultimate destination, there are times – especially in the desert – when you long for reassurance that God hears you now and will not leave you here on this mortal plane without some encouragement. His blessings and assurance in the desert times and in times of plenty is the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living. And no matter what season we’re in, we simply need to wait patiently on Him, with courage in our heart because He will answer.  He will always answer.

Wherever you are today – whatever season you are in – whatever part of the journey you are on; I pray that your heart is strengthened as you wait on the Lord.

I'd love to connect with you some more - stop on by the Three Bees Facebook Page or connect with me on Twitter @3BeesBlueBonnet. Let's continue the conversation! Want more in the 31 Days of Lessons in the Desert series? Just click here!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for the kindess of your comment. I pray your patience with the word verification. I've had such troubles with spammers lately. Thank you for grace. I look forward to reading all the comments and responding. I appreciate you!