Sunday, October 13, 2013

A Lesson from the Word: Psalm 18: 16-19

My mother, who is probably my chief encourager, sent me this verse in a card. It surprised me, because the translation in the Message was so perfectly aligned with what I had been feeling at that very moment: surrounded by the enemy, drowning in chaos, struggling in an ocean of hate. This verse was a promise I hung on to, and when it was fulfilled – when I was standing upright away from all of the pandemonium, I simply marveled at His ability to bring these things to pass. And yes, despite the assurances from so many sides, I was surprised to be loved.

When you are in the midst of troubling times that test every ounce of fortitude you have within you, it’s not uncommon to question your worth. But know that you are worthy. You are loved. You are valued.

photo by hotblack

I'm joining again with Sarah from online writing group, for her Sacro Speco (Sacred Space) linkup. Other images for inspiration will be there if you'd like to visit.

I'd love to connect with you some more - stop on by the Three Bees Facebook Page or connect with me on Twitter @3BeesBlueBonnet. During the 31 Days Challenge, I'll be using the hashtags #desertjourney and #inspirationalandfaith80 if you'd like to join in or follow along. Let's continue the conversation!



3 comments :

  1. It always amazes me when I am surprised by His love. I know he loves me, but sometimes it takes me by surprise. He is faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh love it!! Love how the Message put it!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such amazing truth. The Message really brings so much clarity!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the kindess of your comment. I pray your patience with the word verification. I've had such troubles with spammers lately. Thank you for grace. I look forward to reading all the comments and responding. I appreciate you!